In the U.S., small business consulting fees range from $95 to $1,500, with an average cost of $399. The hourly cost of consulting fees range from about $45 to $150 per hour.
These professionals analyze businesses and create solutions while also helping companies meet their goals. Business owners should consider hiring business consultants when they need help or perspective on their chosen path or a catalyst for change in their companies.
Where to Find Genuine Experts When You Need Consultants for Your Business
- Be clear what you are looking for so you can find the expert.
- Decide length, depth and location of your engagement.
- Leverage your networks.
- Consultant marketplaces.
- Social media.
- Freelancer websites.
- Consider consulting firms and individuals.
- Make sure you need a one.
- Know what you want the consultant to do.
- Be honest about your willingness to change.
- Find someone focused on your needs, not theirs.
- Ask for and check references.
- Find somebody you like, trust, and respect, and with whom you have good communication and rapport.